We need the translation from English into Norwegian, from a native Norwegian translator, of a spreadsheet concerning some text strings that will be included in a newsletter creation software interface:
The file contains about 610 words.
Attached You can find a screenshot of part of the spreadsheet.
Below are some requirements:
1. Try to match text length. Many of the texts you will be translating will end up on the user interface, inside buttons and labels. If your language requires a text much longer than the English version, that might result in a truncated button text or label. Try to find a replacement that fits the original length.
Normally, the English language requires shorter texts when compared to other languages, but you have a little tolerance. Your text can be a bit longer
2. Honor UPPER CASE and lower case characters.
3. Honor punctuation. If a phrase has a period at the end, make sure you add one too.
4. Honor line breaks. If a text is laid out on more than one line, make sure you re-create the same layout.
5. Honor plural/singular. If a phrase has plural terms such as Barocdes remember to make it plural in the translation as well, if required by your language.
6. You don’t need to translate each single word. Sometimes you will find words that might be better if not translated.
7. Watch out for placeholders (like ""%1"" or (%1). A placeholder is a symbol in a text that gets replaced with a variable during run time.
Thank You in advance!
20 freelancers are bidding on average €64 for this job
Hello There, Our team is available to work with you to assess your needs and provide you with the most cost-effective and practical solutions to translate your documents. Best Regards Desource TI
Hello I am a native Norwegian with 35 years of working experience with text, accounting, project management and salary. I believe I will be able to deliver your project in about 2 days, maybe less.