Important please read attached document for more detail
Develop a 3 year Enterprise Data Storage Transformation Strategy moving from On-Premise to Hybrid Cloud
Our organisation has an on premise data storage infrastructure solution that is ageing, reaching capacity with an anticipated 30% annual growth.
We are looking to modernise our data storage environment, some early assessment work has indicated taking a 3 year transformation moving from the current on premise only environment to an a mixed on premise and cloud storage environment. As progress is made to deliver against the transformation roadmap at certain strategic points considerations will be given if a full cloud storage implementation is a potential best fit for the organisation or reverting back to on premise.
This work is to provide a 3 year transformation strategy and approach that clearly shows the transformational steps and the projects and activities needed to take our environment from the current state to a future state based on a hybrid cloud model. This will also indicate key decision points and where those decision need to be made, the projects that needed to be considered and policies and other strategies that need to be established as part of the transformation.
This will then be used during the project and budget planning cycle to future proof any planned or future investments in the storage infrastructure and aid making more informed decisions relating impacted infrastructure.
Information Technology, Enterprise Architecture, Technology Strategy, Report writing, Visio, Powerpoint, Technology Business Analysis, IT Infrastructure, Data Storage Technologies, cloud Storage, physical storage. TOGAF 9.1
• 3 year storage transformation roadmap developed in Visio
• Storage transformation presentation developed in Powerpoint
• Storage transformation report developed in Word
• Enterprise storage framework based on TOGAF 9.1 principles
• Identify must do Transformation Projects & Activities
• On-premise data storage NAS, SAN’s
• Cloud storage options
• Strategy development
• Storage model development i.e. Gartner Pace-layered approach or similar
• Storage types: Business Administration, Low performance data (employee file shares, images, archives), Virtualised servers & desktops, High performance computing / high transaction data , Archive, Backup, Research & Big Data Data, personal storage space, file sync / share and collaborate, secure mobile data i.e. dependency on VDI & BYOD Strategies