A building condition survey
If your IBSP topic related to MBIS or condition survey, please note the following points:
1. You should follow the CoP for MBIS and Practice Notes for RI to prepare your report
2. Some MBIS report not cover all the 5 major inspection elements
3. Not give the MBIS inspection tables only, you are required to explain your finding and diagnosis of the possible causes as well as your suggested repair method. Mark-up plan should be provided to show the defect location
4. Building condition survey report must cover all the building components (not only MBIS 5 elements) including exterior, internal common area as well as all the building services items i.e. water supply system, drainage, Fire Services Installations, E&M and gas installation, security system etc.
5. Diagnosis is the major component in an inspection report / condition survey report. You can refer to the building maintenance or building defects reference books for the diagnosis.
6. All the photos should be annotated with the location, purpose and nature etc.
7. Not just copy the report from the IA workplace without your own work.