We need the attached code example changed to do the following 3 new tasks.
The reason the changes are being made are because we want to be able to better visualise a narrow band within the sensors distance range as a simple greyscale image. Thresholds in #1 and #2 must be adjustable so we can play with the values to vary the results.
1) Currently the code clips any distances greater than 1m. This needs to be changed so a min range value can also be set too in order to create band pass between a min and max distance. ie, clip anything between 0.5m and 1m with both values being variables so they can be adjusted.
2) Add the ability to round the distance values to an adjustable threshold to create distinct steps in sensor values. ie round each value to nearest 0.001m or 0.01m
3) Create and display a greyscale image using above data and scale the point values that fall into the band to maximise visual variation in the outputted grey scale image.
- Points that are less than the min range = 0/255(black) and points that are greater than max range = 255/255 (white).
- The points at the min distance threshold = 1/255 and max distance threshold = 254/255 on grey scale image with all points between are scaled accordingly.
Attached saved data was created using code below inserted after line 61
[login to view URL]('DepthData [login to view URL]', depth_image, fmt='%f')
Depth Scale = 0.0010000000474974513
15 freelancers are bidding on average $157 for this job
I have quite an experience in both python and opencv. I think I could easily do the modifications that you are describing. Relevant Skills and Experience Open cv, c, python.