Need pro wordpress-er with AWS experience to help out with server-side performance, and also within the wordpress plugins. Target site gets 30k visits a month and growing:
Known issues that we need help with :
- The theme is too large and chunky and has many plugins or extras that we don't need.
- The AWS server doesn't seem to be set up correctly, it's costing us more than it should and it doesn't handle large traffic very well
- Site seems slow when there's a few people on it
- Very slow if there's a few editors in the back end
- The cache doesn't work very well, if we change something on the site, for example the author of a post, it doesn't show up to readers for a few hours, so we can't make quick fixes
- Mailboxes seem to work sometimes but then stop working other times
- We get 504 errors and the site falls off from time to time
- Picture uploader in the media library very often doesn't work, takes 3, 4, 5 or more attempts sometimes (Paddy will tell you)
- Search function doesn't work too well, can't search author names, for example
This work will be an initial audit, followed by continues maintenance of the site on a monthly basis.