We have a requirement to install HTML and Wordpress websites quickly and easily via a line command on our servers (linux - currently Centos), as we dont want to use cPanel or other panels.
It can be an existing pre-written open source system or you can write it yourself - as long as it means our requirements. The command needs to allow for the following:
1. When the command is entered, it would either grab the latest version of Wordpress so the latest version is always installed, or just add some html files that we provide (like using cPanel Skels). We would also need the command to look in a specific plugin and theme directory so that only those plugins and themes would be used (when installing Wordpress).
2. We would want the option to select the theme (to make it different from a default theme), when installing Wordpress or a simple command for HTML based sites. Eg. install [url removed, login to view] t=themename (for Wordpress install) or install [url removed, login to view] (for the basic HTML site install.
3. We would need the username and password on the installed Wordpress site to be the same on all sites installed (to keep it simple)
4. The command obviously needs to interact with the web server to add a virtual host, add the database etc (everything required for the Wordpress install so that all we need to do is point the DNS to the server)
5. We would also want the ability to enter a command to remove the site should we need to do that. Eg. remove [url removed, login to view]
6. These servers are not running SSD so we need each site that is added to be optimised for ngnix so that they perform as optimised as possible
This is not really a difficult task for someone who knows what they are doing. When you bid on this project, please start your message with: Automate WP With Command Line (we want to know you bothered to read our requirements). If you fail this basic requirement, we will ignore your bid.
Don't make placeholder bids. What we have placed above is all we want in this project. If our requirements change later, we would hire you for a new project. You would need to interact with our system admin person when this is ready to install.
Our budget is simply a range. We have actually had something like this developed in the past closer to the minimum scale of our budget. We just want something that is fast and works well. It must be easy to use.
We will probably just give you a test server and you would need to give our system admin person the full instructions on installing what you prepare. We don't want to wait a full week for this project. We are keen to hire someone in the next 24 hours.