We have recently installed ubuntu 14.04 on my production server and also the fail2ban services on it. After installaing the fail2ban service, I am experiencing few issues :
1. I am not able to send mails through my web application.
My Web-application is developed in PHP. We use [url removed, login to view] in that.
And we use external smtp services to send the mail.
Before Ubuntu I was using debian 8.0 and IP tables. That time it was working fine but now it is not working. I don't even get any error message. The page will simple go for task leaving the blank page.
2. fail2ban was sending mails earlier but now suddenly it stopped. Some cofiguration issue. Needs to be fixed.
3. PHP page loading time has increased. Apache/PHP performance tuning required.
4. Re-ensure the ports open/closed.
5. IDS implementation
I am looking for an expert who is familear with ubuntu 14.04 + Fail2ban configurations and PHP Mailer enabling external smtp server to send the mails.
- This is our production server and no experiements on this please. Only hands-on experience and confident people are requested to submit their quote.
- As this is on our production server, you need to connect through team viewer and work on my server. It is must. Your work will be monitored.