This project is for building a portal similar to [login to view URL] for cell phone trade-in.
The required functionality:
- Database driven: The admin needs to be able to load info for selected phones to trade-in. Phone data such as make, model, memory, part number, picture, baseline price etc to be handled
- Authentication: Three levels of login: Admin (all functions), sales operator (enter phone data to get proposed trade-in value), and reporting user for getting list of traded-in items and financial info.
- Workflow: The sales operator would need to be able to click through the available options to select a specific phone by: entering part number (automatically would serach and find the phone), next enter network (AT&T, T-Mobile etc), select sub-item info such as memory, screen size, color etc, then answer additional questions such as phone turns on, no visible cracks etc.
Based on selected info, the portal would need to calculate a price. The price uses the baseline price for the item as start point, and then calculates reduction in percentage or amount based on additional information entered. The workflow needs to be flexible to be updated later on. Workflow will also need to be able to collect phone test details using an API and add that data to the record.
- Daily inventory of finalized trade-in items would need to be available for reporting. Each traded-in item will have a unique ID. The data for each traded-in item needs to be posted through REST API to external system.
- All searched phones (traded in or not) need to be recorded for reporting
- The site look and feel to be easy to update, optionally using themes.
- Site will be hosted on AWS cloud over a Linux/Apache server equipped with required database engine (MySQL preferred)