Develop a scraper to analyze information about a website
This project was awarded to mwarrenschultz for $133 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
The code will run via API (No UI needed).
Input: a list of website URLS
Out put: The list of URL's with this extra data about the site:
- Company type: Manufacturer / Online Store / SMB (Suggestion to how to find this data is below).
- Is the website mobile friendly: yes / no
- Load speed (Homepage load speed in msec)
- Is Google analytics installed: yes / no
- Is there a link to facebook: yes/no
- What CMS is used: Wordpress / Joomla / Wix / Drupal/ ExpressionEngine / TextPattern / Radiant CMS / other.
- Contact form link (The URL where a contact form is, if there is one).
Finding the "company type":
In order to find this information, first analyze the text on the homepage.
1- Look for links with the text "products" "our products" "product catalog" also look for "distributors" "find a distributors" and so on. Usually companies that have a link with this language are "manufacturer".
2- Look for "cart" "checkout" or "add to cart" links. If these are present, this is an "online store"
3- Look for "opening hours" or "directions" in the website. Usually if this text is present, this is an "SMB" (small/medium business).
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online