We need a small audio parsing and streaming component for iOS, based on the latest version of the FFMPEG streaming library.
The component should provide the following:
- audio playing of WMA, AAC, MP3 and OGG audio formats on the iphone.
- playing of RTMP format.
- parsing of container files in the format : ASX, m3u, m3u8, PLS, and their derivatives (different flavors of ASX).
- low CPU usage.
- very high level of robustness - the component should never crash, and recover from streaming errors gracefully
- the component should provide quick buffering of the audio data
- the audio output should be easily redirected to airplay (maybe that's built-in).
- NSNotification objects will be sent to notify of the component's state.
- The component should work on iOS 7.0 +, and be usable on all devices supporting iOS 7 and higher.
- the component should be based on the latest or one-before-latest version of FFMPEG.
- the component should offer easy-to-use API! - a function will receive the URL of a stream file (pls, asx, m3u, or native), and start playing. NSNotification objects will be sent to update the host application of the component's current activity (parsing, buffering, playing,etc).
- We are going to do a code review - so the code should be well documented and built with correct software architecture in mind.
- to test, we'll need In the streaming component xcode workspace a VERY simple tester - just a "stream url" input, and a play, pause and stop button.
When contacting us, please specify your previous experience with audio streaming code.
We're a highly professional, Berlin based startup specialising in iOS and Android development. We require high-level deliverables but we promise to be professional on our side - we will not change the requirements while we work and checks of the code will be done by highly experienced iOS programmers. We are also nice people and try to be fun-to-work with :)
If the project is successful, and we find someone good here to work with, we have a lot more projects to give.
looking forward to hear from you! :)
IMPORTANT: after receiving dozens of irrelevant bids:
We need someone who is experienced with FFMPEG. if you or your team are not experienced in creating STREAMING AUDIO with FFMPEG (not general audio apps, only apps that stream audio, and do it with this particular library) please don't apply!!
26 freelancers are bidding on average $1283 for this job
Hi! We are mobile team with expert iOs developers. Let my team do it for you . Please discuss with us via chat room here . Check [login to view URL] see some apps we have done. Thank you