WalletHub is one of the leading personal finance destinations in the US and rapidly growing. We’re looking for a highly skilled and motivated Senior Java Developer for a FULL-TIME, PERMANENT, REMOTE position.
This position can be performed 100% remotely from outside the US (without the need for US work authorization). The expected work schedule is 50 hours/week Monday to Friday and an overlap with EST business hours is required.
• designs and develops web applications using Java, Spring Framework, MySQL
• designs and develops unit test cases to make the code more robust
• participates in pairing and code reviews
• supports and troubleshoots problems with existing applications
• participates in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing
You are the ideal candidate for this job if you have:
• over 3 years’ experience in Java, Spring and MySQL (or any relation database)
• experience developing web and stand-alone applications in Spring technologies such as: Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring Batch
• proven ability to lead a small group of developers and the willingness to mentor junior developers
• excellent communication and analytical skills
• willingness to work hard
• proficient with spoken/written English
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT REQUIRED
• experience in PHP
• experience with unit testing framework, test driven development
• very competitive salary based on prior experience and qualifications
• potential for stock options after the first year
• raise and advancement opportunities based on periodic evaluations
• ability to work overtime for added income
• visa sponsorship (after 18 months with the company, based on performance in case you will be working from outside the US)
HOW TO APPLY
To get our attention, all you need to do is apply on Freelancer and include your updated resume as well as a brief message telling us why you are the right candidate.
If we believe that you will be a good match, we will contact you to arrange the next steps of the application process. Please know that we appreciate your interest in our company but due to the high number of applications we are unable to get back to candidates who have not been selected to move forward.
MORE ABOUT WALLETHUB
WalletHub is a high-growth fintech company based in Washington, D.C. that is looking for talented, hard-working individuals to help us reshape personal finance. More specifically, we are harnessing the power of data analytics and artificial intelligence to build the brain of a smart financial advisor, whose services we’re offering to everyone for free. The WalletHub brain enables users to make better financial decisions in a fraction of the time with three unique features:
1) Customized Credit-Improvement Tips: WalletHub identifies improvement opportunities and guides you through the necessary corrections.
2) Personalized Money-Saving Advice: WalletHub’s savings brain constantly scours the market for load-lightening opportunities, bringing you only the best deals.
3) Wallet Surveillance: Personal finance isn’t as scary with 24/7 credit monitoring providing backup, notifying you of important credit-report changes.
In addition to the valuable intelligence the brain provides, WalletHub is the first and only service to offer free credit scores and full credit reports that are updated on a daily basis absent of user interaction, rather than weekly or monthly and only when a user logs in. Some other services hang their hats on free credit scores and reports, yet they’re still inferior to what WalletHub considers minor pieces to a much larger puzzle.
34 freelancers are bidding on average $4302 for this job
Hi! My name is Ihor, I'm interested in your position. I specialize in Java development for 4+ years. Feel free to contact me any time to discuss details.
Hi, This is Paul Devanesn has done [login to view URL] and [login to view URL] from IIT Madras. I am a tech savvy person, more than a decade I am developing and delivering applications on Java based technologies. I am a certified Java profess More