This macro must be compatible with Microsoft Excel 2010. A PDF of the full instructions, with images is attached, and the instructions are below in text.
In sheet 1, I will place category headers in the first row and word lists beneath them.
In sheet 2, I will place a word list in column A.
1. When the macro runs, it will take the word in Sheet 2, Column A, Row 1, and search to see if it appears in any of the lists on Sheet 1.
2. If it does not find the word in sheet 1, it will repeat the step for the word in the next row of Sheet 2, Column A until it finds a match.
3. If none of the words in Sheet 2, Column A match any of the words in Sheet 1, end the macro. If not, go to the next step.
4. If it finds the word in sheet 1, I will copy the category for that name (which will be in row 1 of the column).
5. Then it will paste the category name into the next available column next to the word in Sheet 2
6.. After all the words in sheet 2 have been labeled, replace any blank cells in sheet 2 with “*[Column Letter]*”
Do this for all columns that contain a word, but if there is no word in the column, stop.
Hi, I am experienced VBA developer with over 7 years of professional experience. I am available to work on the macro right now. I can complete the macro within couple of hours. Lets start. Thanks
22 freelancers are bidding on average $100 for this job
Hello? Plz check my reviews. I have good skills in excel vba and macros. So i can help you if you need. I will never disappoint you. I have developed loan system. So i will provide good result. Thanks.
I am interested on your job. I belive i am fit for this work. please check my portfolio as a prove. Check my profile discription to allow me for your work.
Hi there, What you are asking for is pretty straightforward. The macro needs to work as a vlookup with an if statement and a find and replace imbedded. Looking forward to helping you out! Jan