Hi Awesome Project Managers,
I’m looking for a rock star PM to assist me in my business. I run a video animation company and need help managing projects, so I can focus on growing the business.
Some background about the company:
The company creates animated explainer videos, and we have clients in New Zealand, Australia, the UK and the US (80% of our clients are in the US). I typically live in Europe or Asia, but am currently based in New Zealand until May. The production team is based in India.
This is an important aspect of the role. You would not have set hours, but I do require timely responses with my clients and staff. This does not mean you will need to stay up late every night to talk to US clients if you live in Asia, but means you may need to spend 30 minutes sorting a project before you go to bed. The hours would be flexible as long as the projects are run efficiently and on-time.
Note: This role requires you to commit up to 2 hours of work on Saturday and Sunday IF a project requires attention. This won't happen every week, but occasionally an urgent project may need feedback on a deliverable.
The ideal applicant would spread the workload across the day, to make sure the team and clients are given updates ASAP.
- 300 usd per month on a part-time role. The current PM is working around 20 hours a week.
I started this business in January 2016. We now have over 50 clients and I want to keep it growing. The issue is that I’m spending too much of my time managing projects and dealing with admin work that I can’t focus on growth and scaling. This is where you would come in to help.
Tasks that would be your responsibility:
• Managing the production team
• Liaising with clients through email
- Liaising with clients over the phone in English
• Managing projects
• Maintaining high quality deliverables for every part of a project
• Customer care (checking in after a project is complete. Sending them a letter/gift to thank them etc)
• Updating and improving working procedures
- Creating project briefs which
In your cover letter, please provide a description of relevant experience, and let me know which tasks you’d be most comfortable with doing. Bonus points if you have worked in this industry before.
What I value in an employee:
• Amazing communication
• Strong written and spoken English
• Work ethic
Dedication to a project
Work is a priority and not an after-thought
Timely response and action when new tasks come up
• Motivated to grow and learn
• Quick learner
• Comfortable with making mistakes (and then learning from them)
• Fun and easy to work with
• I’m a 24 year old male, originally from Auckland, New Zealand
• I studied marketing and IT. My skills are focused towards Sales and Marketing
• I listen to music all the time – from Rap, through to alternative rock. I always have music playing
• I’m extremely motivated to grow my business into one of the best animated video companies in the world
• I care about my staff and make sure everyone is treated fairly and well
I’m very serious about proper training, and have documented the whole production in working procedures. The whole process is a system which makes everything simple for you, the team and the client.
The first fortnight would be a very 'hands-on' experience where you would shadow me on all projects. This way, you will learn how we run things.
If you're interested, please apply for the job and include the words 'chicken soup' - I will then send you a message with a link to a questionnaire.
Once I review all questionnaire answers, I'll invite some applicants to a Skype interview where we'll discuss the role in more detail.
From there I'll hire one applicant on a 2-month trial period.
I look forward to hearing from you.