I have a set of text passages (102 – one hundred and two – ) what were converted from PDF into word format. Each passage is between 250 – 300 words and at the end of the passages, there are 4 (four) multiple question answers.
I need to copy, paste and edit the passages and questions into a new format. There is content to be added or removed, however, the destination format is cleaner and more organized. Since the original document comes from a PDF, there are cases in which a single paragraph is divided into two because the conversion interpreted a return key somewhere (Enter).
To provide a clear example of what I am looking for I’ve attached two documents. One is an excerpt of the raw / base document and the other one is the clean and sanitized version. I’ve included two passages each with the corresponding multiple choice questions to get a concise idea of the passages.
The clean format needs to follow very precise rules:
• Font Type: Calibri Size 12 Black
• Indentation & Alignment: No indentation and alignment left
• Paragraph Spacing: Before and after 0 pt. Single line spacing
The multiple choice questions should be in two columns.
Please refer to the attachment to understand the format.
Things to watch for.
• The original passages may have a paragraph with and return key that needs to be removed in the clean format. See the last paragraph of passage 1 “Carving History” to understand what I mean.
• Original document contains indentations that need to be removed. All lines are indented and they should not be in the clean format.
• Copying the multiple choice questions requires more work because the numbering needs to be as in the destination format. This means removing the original numbering, putting together lines broken by return keys, removing text format, pasting in the new one and use the word numbering. Sounds difficult but it’s not. It’s just a few more steps.
As a reference, I timed myself converting the two passages into the new clean format and it took me 9 minutes and 40 seconds. I did it ‘cold’ so once someone gets the rhythm should make it slightly quicker.
This work is for someone who is:
• Very confident and skilled with Word
• Speaks English well
• Has common sense of paragraph structures
• Is VERY detailed and careful
Hi Mario ....! I've carefully gone through your requirements and checked the before and after document and understand it ...! looking forward to hear from you thanking you Uzair
80 freelancers are bidding on average £109 for this job
Greetings, I'm interested in your project and I would like to know more details. Kindly leave a message so we can discuss the project and arrange test work. Thank you for your consideration.
Hi, i am available i can do it, i just completed a similar job (i converted a big pdf file into a word document, and i kept the same format) Check my last review please. Contact me Thank you Youssef