I require the following applications to be written.
1. Create a service to run on my server that will perform the following tasks.
- load and save settings to xml file
- connect to and update a ms-sql server database
- respond to instructions sent from workstation app (see 2)
- monitor folders for state changes in files - eg if file is updated or added fire an event
- event scheduler. eg I want to be able to send a status email at 5pm each day or on the last day of the month.
- send email
2. Create a workstation test app to verify the service app works.
- Send instructions to the service.
- Read status back from the service.
This is the first time I have placed a job here so please be patient if i have not supplied enough info. The tasks I listed above are just general guidelines so that you can understand what I require. I will go into specifics with the developer selected.
Price and terms will be negotiated and agreed before work starts.
This is just part of a much larger project. I am wanting to create a relationship with someone that I can sub jobs out to for at least the next 6 months.
I am treating this task as an interview for that role.
I do not want a large development team. I want an individual or small team.
Experience with migrating code from VB6 to .net would be viewed favourably.
I can do software development myself but need your experience to get this project 90% done in a very short time frame. I will then take ownership and fill in the specifics.
Project is urgent (aren't they all) so availability is important.
This project was awarded to MarcoAGarcia.
We negotiated a fixed rate fee.
Because we couldnt alter this project to reflect that change I had to make a new one and award that to him.
New project is Project ID: 8251023