I am looking for someone to install and configure Elastix on a remote server from scratch.
System: Dedicated server running CentOS 5.5 / 64 bit; hosted in datacenter, only remote access via SSH; if required we can also get CentOS 5.4 / 64 bit.
The latest stable version of Elastix (2.0.3) must be installed.
The system will be setup as a pure IP-PBX.
- 5 DID for voice (SIP)
- 1 DID for fax (SIP) which will be forwarded by email
- 1 Skype account for voice inbound (Skype Business / SIP)
- 10 agents (5 inbound, 5 outbound)
- “standard” IVR with two departments (1 Sales, 2 Support) or direct dial of extension
- two queues (Sales / Support)
- timeout if no reply (“all our operators are currently busy. If you want to leave a voicemail...”), voicemail will be sent by email
- depending on the DID a message about calling outside office hours can be activated, voicemail can be left
- 1 outbound number / account for voice (SIP)
- 1 outbound number / account for fax (SIP)
- software (XLite) and hardware (Snom 821) phones should work via SIP and SIPS (SIP/TLS); documentation (screenshots) for the setup must be provided
- Elastix Callcenter Module needs to be installed and configured for 5 agents outbound and 5 agents inbound (sales & support departments as mentioned above)
- Must be tested with Winprint Hylafax; screenshots must be provided for the agents to be able to setup their Winprint by themselfs
Callback (missed call, email, website and/or SMS)
- Callingcard concept where the administrator can fill up the staff credit account
- Callback service for staff based on caller ID with callback to that number (intended for long-distance-calls from cell phones)
- besides callback on caller ID there should be a website (click-to-call-style, password protected of course) to setup the number to call to and the number for the callback (in case in hotel room etc); basically setup a conference between two users
- instead of a website an email through the mailclient or an SMS (however requires extra hardware?) would be another option
- with this part I am open to suggestions, however you should specify in your quote what you can do and what is included or charged optional in case of multiple options (and how much)
Backup via FTPS
- automatic daily backup to an FTPS server
- recordings are excluded from backup
- Setup vTiger v5.2.1 on the same server (click to dial capability)
- OpenVPN must be installed and configured
- Elastix / OpenVPN must be tested with software (XLite) and hardware phone (Snom 821); screenshots must be provided for the agents to be able to setup their phones by themselfs; if you do not have a Snom 821 we can do that part together
Firewall – close all unused ports
Mailserver – only IMAPS, POPS and SMTPS
Mailserver – authentication is required
Mailserver – deactivate mail relay
- no web access via HTTP, only HTTPS
- SSL certificate is provided for SIPS, web, mail, webmail and FTP access
FTP – only FTPS (port 990) and SSH (port 22) is supported
You should provide service (answer questions, fix problems) for 1 month after completing the installation.
Payment will be 80% after installation and 20% one month after completing the installation.
If you do not have
- sound experience with Elastix and OpenVPN
- at least 5 positive employer ratings with at least one showing a similar project (working with Elastix, Asterisk)
then do not waste your time to quote since your chances may be limited.
I think a price of 350-400 USD for the above project is reasonable.