I need Android app (native design, documented code to be provided, do not use online app builders). The app will connect to database that you will also create. It's price comparison app - it will show products and its pricing in multiple stores. One product can have as much prices as there are stores in database. Some design is already done, and you can find it in attached file.
App features that are needed:
- Splash (loading) screen
- Login screen including Facebook/Twitter/Gmail logins
- Register screen (username, password, email as mandatory + age, sex, location as optional => and this should be editable in profile later)
- Home screen - with overview of basket and with featured products (which admin can set in back-end admin panel)
- Menu needs to have: Profile info, Product search (leads to product search page), Basket/Lists (takes user to Basket / Lists view page), Messages and Notifications (takes user to page where he can see all messages and notifications that will be sent from back-end admin panel).
- Product search scree - based on name (search field, shows products as user types its name) or by navigation through categories and subcategories
- Product page screen - when clicked on the selected product the page will show up with bigger product picture and with price per store, additionally there would be description of product and nutritive facts.
- There should be a + sign or basket icon beside each product in search list and on product page screen, in order to add the product to the basket (with +/- option to define amount)
- Basket screen - [THIS IS IMPORTANT! READ CAREFULLY] when in the basket, user can select an option that will split basket into several lists. The lists are defined per store, so that only the products from the basket that are the cheapest in one store are on the list of that store. In that way the total amount of the basket would be lowest possible. [If you do not understand this please ask me to explain further]. User can define which stores are relevant for him to be taken into account when splitting the basket into lists!
- Banner/Ad features - there should be feature that allows pop-up banner on home screen with X in the corner to close it.
Back-end features needed:
- Admin only web access.
- Manageable database of products.
- Data in database should be able to be edited manually through this back-end. It needs to be searchable by its fields and picture of product visible (not to show it as link only).
- New store could be created through back-end (new price column in database) and data can be entered manually or by uploading CSV file.
- Management of Banners/Ads on back-end.
- Notifications/Messages management.
ALL VISUALS AND DESIGN WILL BE PROVIDED, no need to work on it, I just need developer not designer. All resources (like web site, domain, hosting for back-end and database, etc) will be provided.
I have no idea how much this can cost so feel free to give your best estimate of price and time. Please do not bid with unreal proposals!
If you have read all of this and you are applying to job, please start your application with "I'm a squirrel" so I will know you did read all :)
This can be a long term project as new features would be needed and if you do a good job now, I'll probably hire you again to continue to work on the app.
Additional explanation on splitting the basket into lists per store:
User have selected 3 products and put it into basket.
Those products have following pricing per store (lets look at 4 stores only):
Product1: 1$; 2$; 3$; 4$
Product2: 2$; 1$; 3$; 4$
Product3: 4$; 2$; 3$; 1$
After clicking on "split basket" button the list will show up like:
So there is no Store3 as it is not the cheapest on any of the products in the basket.
Users are also able to choose which stores will be looked at (checkbox buttons in setting with list of stores).