In brief it should act like ColorDict ([url removed, login to view]):
- full support stardict format, as described here: [url removed, login to view], with uncompressed and compressed (dictzip) dictdata, support offline resource files (images, video, audio in res folder)...
- All dictionary are store offline on SDcard, in 1 folder. App should scan this folder (and all subfolders recursively) to detect new dictionaries.
- Enable/disable some dicts, reorder dict in list
- word suggestion
- History/favorite words support
- Cross lookup (select word from explanation of current word to look it up)
- Can be used as non-fullscreen “pop-up dialog” to be called from another app (such as ColorDict does: from FBReader, long press to select word, and choose lookup, choose ColorDict, then colordict’s dialog (halfscreen) will pop-up and contains explanation of selected word)
I can give dictdata for testing.