# 1st iteration:
## Proof of concept
I want to build a native cocoa macosx audio recorder, but would need to see first a proof of concept, which will serve as the first iteration of the software to be built.
As a reference Piezo from Rogue Amoeba. I will also compare cpu usage versus it.
## Future collaboration
If i see that it can work the way i want to use it in the future, we will iterate again until complete application.
- Please start a new git repository for this code and deliver this repository, as well as instructions to recompile the software with xcode.
- Clean code, with comments
- Please mention any 3rd party libraries or external code that you used and links, to check licensing terms.
_(Letters) are related to components on the attached mockup_
- Single window with record on/off button, radiobutton output/input/both (R), select application button or global recording (Q).
- Record audio like Piezo or AudioHijack (output and/or input)
- Record audio globally or per application (Q)
- Cpu usage < Piezo
- Display live dB level and nb of seconds below 60dB (text label is fine) (D,E)
_see attached file_