Create a shared memory segment and child processes in C
This project received 4 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $64 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$10 - $30 USD
Creation of unique shared memory segments for the Mean/Median/Mode instance to store
2. Creation of a pipe for each Mean/Median/Mode instance that provides it with th
e ID of the
shared memory segment created in step (1). The file descriptor (FD) of the pipe is passed as an
additional argument to the Mean/Median/Mode.
3. Mean/Median/Mode processes run concurrently rather than sequentially. This means that the
will launch all the child processes and then start waiting for results.
As in the previous assignment, each instance of the Mean/Median/Mode will receive the text file
as an arguments. To facilitate this, the Initiator will take one argument and selectivel
y pass it on
to the Mean/Median/Mode executables.
For instance, executing the command
Initiator [url removed, login to view]
would create 3 child processes that would compute mean. Median and mode, respectively, in
parallel (% is the system prompt).
have changed as well:
1. An additional command line argument gives the FD of the pipe to read from.
2. Using the pipe FD, the Mean/Median/Mode determines the segment ID of the shared memory
to store its result.
3. The resulting value (type
) is store
d in the shared memory segment.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online