Development of drivers for the ICs FT2232H and FT4232H by FTDI Chip.
We are currently using these ICs in bitbang mode for DIO. We want to be able to configure each of the 8 pins of a device as either input or output. For input pins it shall be possible to receive event notifications on change of the pins.
The driver provided by FTDI facilitates event notification only when a device is operated in UART mode. In consequence only the four pins directly corresponding to standard modem events (CTS, DCD, ..) will trigger event notifications. The remaining four pins of the device cannot freely be used as a digital output either.
In summary, the driver should provide the following functionality:
* operation of devices in bitbang mode
* each of the 8 pins of a device freely configurable as either input or output
* setting and clearing of output pins
* reading the status of both input and output pins
* possibility to have a windows event notified when an input pins changes
* low latency of read and write operations and event notification
* low CPU consumption (i.e. no background polling)
* support for FT2232H and FT4232H ICs by FTDI Chip
* Windows XP compatibility
9 freelancers are bidding on average $5422 for this job
Hi, We have the required expertise for drivers development and have worked on FTDI chips earlier. We have also developed drivers for Cypress CY68C013 USB chip. designlabsindia dot com Amit
Hi, PDO i'm Electronic and System ing. i know about the UART - RS232 Interface. But need a hardware prototype for test software. Good Luck Note: my bid is only Software for windows (usd 3,500).