Strategic Management Report
This project received 43 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $103 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$10 - $80 USD
In this assignment, you will assume the role of management consultant, who has the role of
conducting a strategic case analysis of a large company, and providing the company with
recommendations for improved long-term performance.
You are required to conduct a strategic analysis of this business or organization. This
should involve external and internal environmental scanning, including PESTEL, Fiveforces
analysis, Stakeholder analysis, internal strength-weakness and SWOT analysis.
Your assignment should include an analysis of the major problems or issues faced by the
company, and conclude with recommendations to assist the company in dealing with its
major strategic problems (or, if the company is currently successful, focus on the continued
improvement of the company in the longer term).
Recommended issues to discuss in the major assignment.
These are recommended issues only. You may combine some of these issues, leave
some out if they are not relevant, or add other issues if appropriate.
1. Executive summary (cover page, summarizing the main points of your
strategic analysis, as below).
2. A brief description of the organization, including the analysis of its current
business practices (what products or services it provides, how it provides,
organization, etc.) and strategy.
3. A “Five-forces” analysis of the industry the organization is based in. Apply
this model to discuss how the competition faced and the how to maximize
the competitive advantage of the organization.
4. An external analysis (at the industry/macro-environment levels) that the
organization would like to face going forward into the future. For example:
a) Current and potential opportunities and how they may be taken advantage of.
b) Current and potential threats and how they might be
overcome or minimized.
If relevant, discuss the impact of national culture and conditions on
5. An internal analysis of the organization. For example:
a) strengths and how they will be used ,
b) weaknesses, and, if possible, how they might be overcome or
Discuss the distinctive competencies of the organization.
6. How will the organization address the four generic building blocks of
competitive advantage: efficiency, quality, innovation, and customer
Discuss the strategic options to address the potential opportunities an
threats and how to employ the strengths and overcome weaknesses.
7. If relevant, discuss any strategic alliances that may benefit your
8. Should the organization go global? Why/why not? If yes, how will this be
9. Based on the above, what are the major problems or potential problems the
organization should address?
10. Based on your analysis of the major problems or potential problems, what
are your recommendations for the organization?
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online